E-Democracy.org announces its strategic plan22 August, 2007
|By Allison Orr|
After six months of deliberations, planning and surveys, the E-Democracy Board has released its Strategic Plan for 2007-2009. The plan includes 50 priority tactics for those who are working to strengthen their local community and democracy online. In summary, the plan outlines the following priorities for E-Democracy.org over the next two years:
- Dramatically expand their local Issues Forum as part of their growing international network to at least 10 new communities.
- Increase the training and support they provide to local eDemocracy committees.
- Help local communities recruit more participants and raise new and diverse voices from people of different backgrounds and political views.
- Continue and evaluate their election information and linking efforts.
- Support the development of open source tools that strengthen their own efforts and can be shared with those who share their goals.
- Get the next wave of democratic and citizen media innovation ready to share across their local democracy movement.
- Grow their volunteer network and raise the necessary funds to accomplish these exciting goals
Established in 1994, E-Democracy.org is a volunteer-based organization that works to empower local communities, expand participation and build stronger communities through the power of information and communications technologies.